At Bike to Work we offer employers a full automated service that drastically reduces the resources required to run the Cycle to
Our service is free of charge, our aim is to help you take advantage of the Government initiative offering tax free bikes for cycling to work.
Cycle to Work Scheme for Employers
Using our service for the Cycle to Work scheme, your company can purchase a brand new bike and safety equipment worth up to €1,000 tax free for your employees. You recover the cost of the bike from the employee using Salary Sacrifice. This means that the employees saves up to half of the retail price of bike and equipment, and your company also makes a saving of 10.75% on Employers' PRSI contributions.
Who are Bike to Work Ltd?
Bike to Work Ltd is an independent company created to help both employers and employees take advantage of the Cycle to Work and Travel Pass schemes and the associated tax benefits of the schemes.
Bike to Work use our industry experience and trade contacts to encourage employees to avail of the cycle scheme on a bike of their choice from their local participating bicycle shop.
Bike to Work handle the majority of the administration for the employer at no charge, and provide a single point of contact for enquiries and invoices. All this while maintaining the best choice of bikes for employees.
For larger companies Bike to Work can visit your company to help employers promote the Cycle to Work Scheme. This involves Bike to Work visiting work locations to advise staff on how the cycle to work scheme works and show the types of bikes on offer under the scheme.
What are the benefits to the employer?
- Improving Your Company's Environmental Image
Encouraging cycling to work reduces carbon pollution and shows the employer has a keen interest in the well-being of the local community and environment. This will improve the companyâ€™s corporate image and demonstrate corporate social responsibility.
- Improving Staff health, fitness and morale
A healthier, fitter workforce means better performance at work and fewer sick days being taken. Furthermore, the employer is seen to be concerned about employees welfare. The Scheme also offers a tangible benefit to staff in addition to the basic salary package.
- Reducing Parking and Congestion Problems
Relieve pressure on corporate parking and traffic congestion.
- Introducing a cycle to work scheme will reduce traffic congestion and subsequently pollution on the roads in the surrounding area. Furthermore, fewer allocated spaces will be needed/demanded in the workplace for parking thus reducing the companies exposure to the recent car parking tax.
How our service works
- Once you register, Bike to Work will set up a unique company microsite and you circulate the link to your employees.
- Your employees visit their local participating bike shop to choose their equipment and obtain a written quote.
- Your employees submits their quotes on the microsite and the HR person will be emailed a request for approval.
- Bike to Work will invoice you for the bike when approved.
- Once payment is made for the bike package by the company a secure voucher will be sent to the employee.
- This bike voucher is redeemed at the bike shop and the employees collects their goods.
- The employee then starts their Salary Sacrifice payments from their gross salary.
Request a Brochure
To find out more about the scheme, you can request a copy of our employer brochure . You will need to enter some basic company details before we email the brochure to you.
Scheme Set-Up and Promotion
To register your company now.
Click here to register